Friday 5 November 2010

CHAPTER 5 - BACK TO REALITY


From being welcomed into a school with 60 children clapping to beinbg chased by the darkness of night in a Gambian jungle. This experience has left me with a feeling i have never felt before, although im shocked and disheartened by the poverty, i also feel full and content.

This is the best way to describe how this trip has effected me,

I've not only experienced what lifes like in a third world country, i lived it. However i will never truly know what some of the people there go through and i wouldn't want to, i saw some harrowing things that I'm glad i witnessed but would also like to leave behind. The problems i face in daily life are so minimal up to the problems they have.

I live in a world where there is such immense opportunity to do well and succeed. Things pass me day in and day out that could help me prosper and forward in my life.
The kids i stayed with in the slums of Gunjur don’t have that opportunity, they don’t have a single thing. Their filled with such bright ideas and creativity but don’t have the resources or people to help them achieve their desires.

They're are trapped in a world where the only way out is education, which none of them an afford, caught up in a cycle of poverty and dismay. The flipside is that even without all this they are still happy, they’ve never had a life like i have so they have nothing to miss.

I have this opportunity at my finger tips. So wherever i am and whatever im doing, i wont stop doing it and try to further myself to be the best i can be. We have got the world in front of us and a lot of people are willing to listen and look at what we got. It’s up to us to show them and really take this world by storm.

I’m going to be doing it for those kids that can’t.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment